Last year I ran across the running of the Brides article and chatted it up on my blog but was bummed that the year’s event had already taken place. 2011’s Event is finally here! Next Friday, March 18 is the big day. Put on your running shoes, arm your entourage with whistles and go find that perfect dress!
Brides-to-be come to the Running of the Brides® to find their dream dress at a bargain price. Whether you camp out overnight to be one of the first through the doors, or arrive later in the day for a less chaotic experience, by day’s end virtually every bride who comes here leaves with the wedding gown of her dreams (that she snagged for an unbelievable price) and a treasure trove of memories.
The key to being successful at the Running of the Brides® is knowing what to expect.
When the doors open at 8:00am, brides and their helpers rush to the racks, grab wedding gowns and immediately start trying them on. After this initial frenzy the real sale begins, when helpers roam the floor to trade sizes, colors and designers with the other teams. Once you get in the flow of this unique event, it will all make sense. Here are a few guidelines that will help make your experience at the ROTB more successful and fun.
Before You Go
- Recruit your team and assign jobs.
- Create team unity by wearing something matching—for example hats, t-shirts or headbands. This will also help you find each other in the crowd.
- Tear out pages from bridal magazines, or print styles from on-line wedding gown sites to show your team what you’re looking for.
The Day of the Sale
- Dress smart—wear a sports bra or swim suit so you can change in and out of gowns anywhere in the store.
- Leave your handbag at home or pack light for the day.
- Please, don’t wear make-up. White shows everything.
- The sale starts at 8:00am, so if you want to be one of the first through the doors, plan on arriving well before then.
- Not everyone wants to deal with the 8:00am rush. Starting around 11:00am you’ll see dresses going back on the racks and the scene will be calmer.
- Be considerate. Once you decide you don’t like a dress, put it back on the rack. It just might be someone else’s dream dress.
Secrets of Success
For more tips like these, e-mail email@example.com to request the “Secrets of Success—finding your dream dress at Filene’s Basement’s Running of the Brides.”
Visit us at A Music City Event or call 615.727.3903
Never miss another update!
Subscribe to MCE Blog to have new tips, advice and Real Nashville Weddings
sent directly to you.
And no, we never ever ever share your e-mail with anyone. Period.